Skip to main content

Sticks and Stones - Part 1

Sticks and Stones - Breaking the Cycle of  Word Curses and Generational Curses.

Growing up I was taught "sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me." Some of you can relate. As I became an adult I realize that such declaration was a lie from the pit of hell. I have never broken a bone but I have been hit with sticks, stones and even suffered some sporting injuries; when I look at, touch or remember the time when I got the scars from the incidents and accidents I don't cringe or feel any pain. On the other hand when I remember what someone said to me which hurt me, if I haven't forgiven the person or haven't been healed of the hurt I would experience the same emotion(s) at that moment as I did when it just happened.  So I know for a fact that words do hurt whether we intend for them to hurt or not.
  The Bible states in Proverbs 18:21 "Death and life are in the power of the tongue." The words we speak brings life or death. When we speak we release God's angels to carry out their assignment over our lives or the lives of others; or we release demons to carry out the assignment. Just as God assigns angels to watch over us, the devil assigns demons to us, waiting to devour.  Many of us have never thought about our words in this context but whether you believe it or not words matter. When God created the heavens and earth He spoke words and they created life out of darkness.
    Many of us are living under the influence of word curses and generational cures  and don't even know it. As simple as it might sound a parent or someone calling a child stupid or dumb can activate demonic activities in the life of the child. As a child even into my teenage years I was called many names, many hurtful words were spoken over my life. There were times I would tell myself anything they were expecting of me that's what they would receive. Call me stupid and I will act stupid. After  a while acting was no longer acting but a lie a began to believe.  Then I became an over achiever to prove to everyone I was not stupid. I became obsessed with being "perfect." I perfectly learned how to masked my faults and flaws because I never again wanted to be stupid in anyone's eyes.  One think I learned about being "perfect" is that you are never satisfied, there is always a void to fill, and always a mask to wear. For years I wore many different masks to hide all my insecurities and weakness because I didn't want anyone to judge me.
    There are countless lives that are being lived under shadows and behind masked because of word curses and generational curses and don't know it. It is not easy to identify something as a lie or abnormal when it is the only truth or normal you know. As for me I'm able to identify these lies in my life because of the word of God and the Spirit of God.  I must say without Jesus Christ we cannot be delivered. As a believer in Christ we are better equipped to deal with our struggles.
The first thing we can do is to evaluate our lives and identify the patterns that are reoccurring. Whether it is trying to find love in all the wrong places, people and things or working hard to win someone's approval. Whatever it is, once you can identify it you are on your way to breaking word curses and generational curses.

My prayer is that as I share with you on this journey of breaking word curses and generational curses you will find the strength needed to break free in your life.

Be blessed!

More to come keep your eyes open for it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DON'T WAKE THE BEAST!

                My mom had a way of conveying here wisdom in such a way that would make you laugh and think at the same time.  When things weren't going well or she heard of a problem between two people she would often say; "When you find your head in a lion's mouth take your time and draw it out." What she meant was that a lion is a fierce beast, but when he is sleeping he is harmless as a dove. If you are having problem with someone don't get angry and stir anger in the person because you might not be able to escape the fierceness of his or her wrath. Next time you find yourself in a dispute with someone and feel the need to get angry, remember not to wake the beast. It is best to keep calm and walk away than to wake the lion within the person and get devoured.  Proverbs 15:1 - A soft answer turns away wrath, but harsh words stir up anger.

The Appointed Time

Do you know your appointed time? Everything has a set time, there is an appointed time for God's purpose and plan to be established and manifested in your life. Jesus spoke often in the temple and publicly; and although on many occasions the religious people wanted to kill Him they couldn't because it wasn't yet His appointed time. God has ordained your life before the foundations of the world and no matter what you are going through, know that there is a set time for your breakthrough. There is a set time for your miracle, there is a set time for your healing, there is a set time for your deliverance. BUT, if you want to see your set time one thing is required. The word of God declares in 2 Corinthians 6:2: For He says: “In an acceptable time I have heard you, And in the day of salvation I have helped you.” Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. Now is the time to receive the gift of God's love towards us, salvation through Jes
RECLAIMING OUR COMMUNITY When we think about the condition of our communities we are not just fighting against guns and gang violence, but against spiritual wickedness in high places. In order to reclaim our community we must first recognize the source of the problem, confront the problem, and then conquer the problem.                                                            Recognize—Confront—Conquer The War Against Violence This war against violence is not just a physical one, it is also a spiritual war. In the physical realm we need to bond together and say no longer will we allow the violence to take over our community. It will take everyone corporation. On the spiritual aspect of the war we need to understand that our fight is not against the gang members but against the spirit of murder that is driving our young people to violence. The only way to fight against the spirit of murder is through prayer and education. We must pray for our community and educate our young p